AC Wire-in Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm
120VAC Direct Wire with Battery Backup
Alarm/Voice message warning system
Permanent independent carbon monoxide and smoke alarm sensors
Warns of hazard by announcing “Fire, Fire” or “Warning, Carbon Monoxide”.
Peak Level Memory
Alerts user when the unit has detected CO concentrations of 100ppm or higher.
Silences the unit during nuisance alarm situations.
(Smoke must be present before hush is activated)
• Red – Alarm mode.
• Green – Indicates that AC power is present.
Test/Reset Button Functions
• Tests the units electronics and resets the unit during CO alarm.
• Activates Hush Feature and Peak Level Memory.
Adjustable Mounting Bracket
Allows for easy installation and alignment.
Alerts user to replace CO alarmafter 7 years of operation
The Kidde 2106377 Combination Carbon Monoxide & Smoke Alarm provides two important safety devices in a single unit. This alarm includes a voice warning system that announces “Fire, Carbon Monoxide, Low Battery or Smart HushTM Activation”. The voice alarm eliminates any confusion and clearly warns you and your family of a smoke or carbon monoxide danger, or if your battery is in need of replacement. This technically advanced combination alarm includes 9V battery backup providing protection even during a power outage when many incidences occur. The 2106377 is an easy to install alarm that is suitable for all living areas. It has a 7-year life and a 5-year limited warranty.
Fire: The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE! FIRE!”. The alarm will repeat pattern until smoke is eliminated.
Carbon Monoxide: Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
Low Battery: One chirp followed by warning “LOW BATTERY”. The red LED light will flash. This pattern will continue every minute for the first hour. After the first hour the red LED light will flash once every minute accompanied by the chirp sound. The “LOW BATTERY” warning will only sound once every fifteen minutes.
Voice Hush Indication: “HUSH ACTIVATED” and “HUSH CANCELLED” voice announcement
Peak Level Memory: If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher when the Test/Reset button is pressed, the unit will announce “CO PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” to warn of the CO incident.
Features and Benefits
• Smart InterconnectTM – Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices
*Based on accuracy claims of major manufacturers
(of which 18 can be initiating).
• Battery Backup (9V battery included) – Provides protection during power outages.
• Battery Lockout System – Minimized risk of mounting unit without installation of battery.
• Alarm Tamper Resist – Helps deter from tampering and theft.
• Adjustable Mounting Bracket – Makes installation fast and easy.
• Peak Level Memory – Announces “CO previously detected” if alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset.
• Smart HushTM Feature – Silences nuisance alarms for approximately 10 minutes. (Smoke must be present before Smart HushTM is activated)
• Ionization Sensor Technology – Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires.
• Test Button Functions
– Tests the unit for proper operation
– Resets the Carbon Monoxide alarm
– Peak Level memory
• Green LED
Illuminates to indicate the unit is receiving AC power. Flashes every 5 seconds to indicate battery only mode. Flashes once per second (until reset) to indicate that the alarm sensed a smoke or CO hazard.
Flashes every 2 seconds while the alarm is in HUSH® mode.
• Red LED
When a dangerous level of smoke or carbon monoxide is detected the red LED will flash. If the unit malfunctions, the red LED will flash and the unit will chirp every 30 seconds.